The Winner of Best Agro Tourism
Baan Huay Hom Tourism Community
Mae Hong Son
The production of coffee and wool is part of the intellectual heritage of the S’gaw people here in Northern Thailand, and is something which has been passed on for generations. Baan Huay Hom is one of the villages supported by Mae La Noi Royal Project Development Center, where the sufficiency economy principle has been adopted to generate revenue from local products, creating five-star OTOP goods and innovative, GI-registered wool products. With a focus onagriculture, visitors can learn about the entire production process of Huay Hom coffee and see how sheep are raised as part of Thailand’s one and only wool production, all while enjoying the fresh air and surrounding mountains.
- Visit the sheep farm and look around the Sufficiency Economy Learning Center.
- See how different types of wool are made with natural dye and blends of woven cotton.
- Spend a night at the homestay surrounded by the beautiful rice terraces.
- Visit an organic Arabica coffee plantation and taste the world-class Huay Hom coffee.
- Visit a passion fruit orchard and taste some fresh fruit.
- See how black pigs are raised in the local Baan Huay Hom way.
- Shop for some local products, such as wool, cotton blends, and Baan La-Oob silverware.
Price 600 Baht/Person
(minimum 2 persons, excluding transportation)
|Afternoon||Arrive at Baan Huay Hom.|
|Evening||Have dinner and enjoy some free time.|
|Morning||Enjoy breakfast and Huay Hom coffee.|
|Learn all about the village’s history, the homestay, Huay Hom coffee, and wool.|
|Head out to see the memorial, the coffee plantation and the rice terraces.|
|See how sheep are fed and try feeding them yourself.|
|Afternoon||Activity: Learn to weave wool.|
|See how coffee is ground and packaged.|
|Evening||Enjoy the sunset.|
|See some of Baan La-Oob’s silverware products.|
|Visit the rice terraces and go around the Mae La Noi Royal Project Development Center.|
|Afternoon||Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- ‘Khao Ber’ traditional porridge
- Fermented bean chili paste
- Stir-fried chayote with oyster sauce
Products/souvenirs at the community
Cotton-wool scarves, Huay Hom Arabica coffee
Mrs. Maliwan Nakrobphai
Tel. : 08-9555-3900
Miss Ang Kana Nakrobphai
Tel. : 09-5448-2350
Getting to the Community
Address : Moo 1, Tambon Huai Hom, Amphoe Mae La Noi, Mae Hong Son 58120
Facebook : บ้านห้วยห้อม Huay Hom
The community is 250 kilometers from Chiang Mai Airport, 5 hours travel time.