Best Agro Tourism 2nd Runner up
Nong San Tourism Community
This agrotourism community is a perfect spot to learn about Thailand’s sufficient economy as well as the interesting local way of life that revolves around farming, particularly rice transplanting and indigo-dyed clothing. And getting a better understanding of Isaan (Northeastern Thailand) culture at this village next to the Phu Pan mountain range. Then take a tour to see the rice fields and buffaloes, as well as cotton and indigo trees. Finally experience the countryside way of life that reflects the identities of Baan Nong San – mountains, green fields, forests and indigo dying.
- Indigo tie-dyeing workshop using traditional dyeing pots.
- Take part in rice transplanting, harvesting and threshing.
- Ride around the fields on a motorized tractor. Collect eggs and Japanese potatoes and try the meal made by local ingredients.
- Take a talking tour and soak up the nature at Wang Pa Jiang waterfall.
- Learn about the integrated agriculture. Enjoy seasonal agritourism activities.
- Make your own personal offering ornament as part of a merit-making ceremony.
- Learn about Baan Phu Phan’s way and try making ‘thung’ or spiritual woven ornaments and ‘thung’-inspired earrings.
Price 3,000 Baht/Person
(minimum 4 persons, excluding transportation)
|Morning||Travel to Baan Suan Suea Ploy on a motorized tractor where you’ll be taking part in a range of seasonal agritourism activities and learn about the integrated agriculture.|
|Noon||Cook some local dishes and enjoy a meal comprised of vegetables.|
|Afternoon||Make Isaan-style ‘tung’ and earrings.|
|Morning||Travel to Somanat Farm on a motorized tractor where you can try your hand at transplanting rice and cooking some local dishes with organic vegetables.|
|Noon||Enjoy lunch amidst the beautiful, green surroundings.|
|Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- Palm shoot soup
- Boiled black chicken with cowa leaf
- Green chili paste with boiled bamboo shoot
Products/souvenirs at the community
ECO SET KIT – bamboo cutlery sets, Indigo-dyed jackets, Naturally-dyed cotton thread made in Baan Nong San
Miss Pornpimon Mingmitmee
Tel. : 06-2428-2247
Getting to the Community
Address : 28 Moo 11, Tambon Khok Phu, Amphoe Phu Phan, Sakon Nakhon 47180
Facebook : CBT Ban Nongsan ชุมชนท่องเที่ยวบ้านหนองส่าน
The community is 48 kilometers from Sakon Nakorn Airport, 1 hour travel time.