Best Agro Tourism 1st Runner up
Wang Nam Khiao Agrotourism Community Enterprise
Learn about the local way of life through various agricultural attractions at Wang Nam Khiao community, including to visit combined seasonal vegetable and fruit plantations, such as: the Arabica and Robusta coffee plantations, the mulberry orchard, vineyard, and melon farm. Taste some of the local products and have fun harvesting organic vegetables. Then, enjoy cooking class with some local vegan dishes on the menu.
- Visit Baan Phra Angkarn Pineapple Orchard, the largest pineapple plantation in Nakorn Ratchasima.
- Learn how organic melons are grown at Rakjung Melon Farm in Wang Nam Khiao.
- Ride a convertible to harvest organic vegetables at D-HOPE Community’s plantation in Thai Pattana village.
- Enjoy a cooking class with some local vegan dishes on the menu.
- Visit the largest mushroom house in the Northeast of Thailand at Wang Nam Khiao Farm.
- Board a tram and ride through the combined vegetable farm, vineyard, and Arabica/Robusta coffee plantations at Fah Pratan Farm.
- Collect fresh mulberries and learn how vanilla trees are planted at Suan Mae Mon.
Price 2,300 Baht/Person
(minimum 20 persons, excluding transportation)
|Late Morning||Meet at De Wag Hip Homestay.|
|Noon||Have lunch with provided menu, rice noodles with mushroom curry and grilled glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaf.|
|Afternoon||Visit Baan Phra Angkarn Bromeliad Orchard, the largest bromeliad plantation in Nakorn Ratchasima.|
|Visit Wang Nam Khiao’s melon farm and see how organic melons are grown. Shop for both fresh and processed melon products at Rakjung Melon Farm in Wang Nam Khiao.|
|Visit D-HOPE Tourism Community in Thai Pattana village. Ride a convertible to harvest organic vegetables from the community’s plantation. These will then be put to good use in a cooking class, where you’ll learn to cook some local vegan dishes.|
|Morning||Morning almsgiving for good luck at Huay Krabok reservoir.|
|Enjoy a breakfast of Wang Nam Khiao’s special mushroom porridge and signature traditional dishes.|
|Late morning||Visit Mae Nui’s fermented mushroom sausage factory.|
|Noon||Learn the largest mushroom house in Northeast Thailand at Wang Nam Khiao Farm. Shop for some of their products.|
|Visit Fah Pratan Farm. Board a tram and ride through the combined vegetable farm, vineyard, and Arabica/Robusta coffee plantations.|
|Afternoon||Visit Suan Mae Mon and see the mulberry plantation. Learn how vanilla trees are planted.|
|Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- ‘Larb Hed’ spicy mushroom salad
- Spicy banana blossom and mushroom salad
- Steam mushroom in curry paste wrapped in banana leaves
Products/souvenirs at the community
Wang Nam Khiao melon, Wang Nam Khiao mushroom, Salad greens
Mr. Mongkhonsin Leenakanith
Tel. : 09-8608-6004
Miss. Kanyapat Waraapiwut
Tel. : 09-9446-0202
Getting to the Community
Address : 201 Moo 5, Tambon Wang Mi, Amphoe Wang Nam Khiao, Nakon Ratchasima 30370
Facebook : ท่องเที่ยวเชิงเกษตรอำเภอวังน้ำเขียว
The community is 240 kilometers from Bangkok, 4 hours travel time.