The Winner of Best Creative Experience
Baan Chiang Cultural Tourism Community
Travel back in time at Baan Chiang cultural world heritage village, an area in Northeastern Thailand known for its black soil and prehistoric archaeological site. Admire the Tai Puan way of life, learn about the various pottery products of the community, and take part in some educational activities arranged by the masters of the villages. This is a charming cultural tourism program where local identities are expanded to a global level.
- See how crafts unique to Baan Chiang are made.
- Workshop: Pottery with prehistoric patterns.
- Learn how to indigo-dye cotton.
- See the Tai Puan art of wicker-making and mud-fermented clothes.
- Visit the prehistorical site of Baan Chiang, known as the land of black soil.
- Stroll around the cultural market.
- Spend a night at the local homestay. Experience the way of life by making offerings and enjoy a traditional Tai Puan set meal.
Price 1,600 baht/person
(minimum 20 persons, excluding transportation)
|Late morning||Receive a warm welcome with an informative video.|
|Noon||Lunch of rice noodles with fragrant galangal and spicy dip fried rice.|
|Afternoon||Board a tram and go on a tour of Baan Chiang, seeing some wicker products, mud-fermented indigo-dyed clothes, and green galangal along the way.|
|Admire the naturally-dyed woven clothes with Baan Chiang’s special pattern.|
|Explore the archaeological route and “Baan Tai Puan Rub Sadet”.|
|See a pottery making and prehistoric pattern painting demonstration and try making one yourself.|
|Shopping for souvenirs at the cultural walking street.|
|Evening||Cultural space activity – Taste the unique flavors as part of a traditional set meal and explore the Tai Puan art and culture of Baan Chiang.|
|Morning||Almsgiving ceremony with sticky rice.|
|Late morning||Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- Boiled chicken with young tamarind leaf
- Baan Chiang-style galangal fried rice
- ‘Suan sen’
Products/souvenirs at the community
‘Mad Mee’ indigo-dyed clothes, Baan Chiang-style coffee set, Baan Chiang pottery
Mr. Chumporn Suthiboon
Tel. : 08-1485-1864
Getting to the Community
Address : 33 Moo 13, Tambon Ban Chiang, Amphoe Nong Han, Udon Thani 41320
Facebook : โฮมสเตย์เชิงอนุรักษ์วัฒนธรรมบ้านเชียง
The community is 56 kilometers from Udon Thani Airport, 1 hour travel time.