The Winner of Best for Company Outing
Baan Rim Klong Homestay Community
Discover life in and around the coconut orchards next to the Bang Pee Lok canal leading into the Mae Klong River. The community has been transformed into an inviting homestay experience with plenty of fun and lively learning activities that represent this riverside village’s now-revived local identities – such as dessert-making workshops, basket weaving and riverside tours.
- A variety of workshops, such as Thai dessert making, thatched hat making with coconuts, basket weaving, making coconut syrup and sugar, etc.
- Morning almsgiving at the pier next to the riverside orchard homestay accommodation.
- Bike ride around the coconut orchard and check out some creative learning bases.
- Mangrove forest sightseeing and planting in Klong Kon.
- Mud skiing and clam collecting.
Price 1,990 Baht/Person
(minimum 2 persons, excluding transportation)
|Afternoon||Receive a warm welcome with some fresh palm juice and Thai dessert.|
|Make the so-called auspicious Thai desserts, including coconut dumplings, and mung bean rice crepe.|
|Try weaving hats, baskets, and other decorative items with thatch from the coconuts.|
|Relax on the salt spa as you let your feet sink in.|
|Evening||Enjoy a traditional Mae Klong dinner.|
|Go on a boat to explore the life along Amphawa canal and Mae Klong river. Visit Amphawa floating market and see the fireflies.|
|Morning||Almsgiving on a boat. Enjoy breakfast.|
|See how the coconut blossom is cut and taste the fresh coconut syrup. See how the sugar is simmered.|
|Late morning||Board a boat at Klong Kon to the mangrove forest to do activities such as plant the trees,. slide on the mud, look for clams, etc.|
|Noon||Lunch on the boat (banana leaf-wrapped meal).|
|Afternoon||Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- Shrimp chili paste with deep fried mackerel
- Seepweed omelette
- Mackerel tom yam
- Spicy coconut shoot, seepweed and shrimp salad
Products/souvenirs at the community
Coconut blossom syrup, Refined coconut sugar, Coconut sugar
Mrs. Thirada Aekkaeonamchai
Tel. : 08-9170-2904
Getting to the Community
Address : 43/1 Moo 6, Tambon Ban Prok, Amphoe Mueang, Samut Songkhram 75000
Facebook : บ้านริมคลองโฮมสเตย์ – Baanrimklong Homestay
The community is 70 kilometers from Bangkok, 2 hours travel time.