Best for Company Outing 1st Runner up
Baan Tham Sue Homestay Community
Under the shade of rain trees lies a tranquil countryside community next to Petchaburi River, nestled among the lush green nature of Kaeng Krajan district. The community revolves around organic agriculture and has plenty of interesting learning sites around the on-site homestay accommodation. Some of the forest-friendly conservational learning activities include making seed bullets for planting, learning about traditional recipes and boat tours of the area. This all began from the Tree Bank project, which aims to connect all living things to the people and the social responsibility of taking care of the forest.
- Bamboo rafting along Phetchaburi River.
- Activity: Shoot seed bullets to plant trees and contribute to the Tree Bank project.
- Wood coal, pandanus salted eggs and toddy palm and coconut crepe learning bases.
- Make seed bullets for forest planting.
- Ride an inflatable boat and enjoy the scenery on both sides of the Phetchaburi River.
- Cook rice in bamboo tubes.
- Cook some edible fern dishes.
Price 1,490 Baht/Person
(minimum 5 persons, excluding transportation)
|Late morning||Make coconut crepe.|
|Afternoon||Make seed bullets to help with planting the forest.|
|Ride an inflatable boat and enjoy the scenery on both sides of the Phetchaburi river.|
|Take a swim in the water and enjoy some leisure time.|
|Morning||Morning almsgiving and breakfast.|
|Learn about the story of the Tree Bank project. Help out with planting the community forest by shooting seed bullets into the soil.|
|Make pandanus-topped salted-eggs.|
|Late morning||Visit an organic agriculture demonstration plot and a fruit orchard.|
|Shop for some local products.|
|Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- Tham Sue spicy salad (edible fern spicy salad)
- Shrimp chili paste with shrimp and boiled vegetable
- Tham Sue spicy ‘Nam Tok’ salad with fish
Products/souvenirs at the community
Ban Tham Sue coconut crepe, Pandan leaf-pickled salty eggs
Mr. Suthep Pimsiri
Tel. : 08-2918-7774
Miss. Bussayamas Nantavisut
Tel. : 08-1130-3835
Getting to the Community
Address : 8 Moo 3, Tambon Kaeng Krachan, Amphoe Kaeng Krachan, Phetchaburi 76170
Facebook : โฮมสเตย์บ้านถ้ำเสือ อำเภอแก่งกระจาน
The community is 200 kilometers from Bangkok, 3 hours travel time.