Best for Company Outing 2nd Runner up
A coconut-loving community that has maintained the role of this humble fruit as part of everyday life, transforming it itself into a cultural learning site. The way of life here is deeply connected to coconut, including its cuisine, and the sufficient, economically, principally-inspired lifestyle where the locals leverage the local wisdom to create a variety of coconut products. The activities available at the community are also great for CSR events. Examples include bike rides around the coconut orchard – the community’s important industrial crop, releasing “parasitic wasps” to have them eliminate threats to the coconut without using chemicals, exploring the local lifestyle at “Baan Roi Sao”, and cooking (and tasting) delicious Thai dishes unique to the area.
- Visit Suan Pa Saroch Ka Waew and learn about cold-pressed coconut oil.
- Taste some coconut coffee and traditional coconut-based dessert.
- Learn how to make cold-pressed coconut oil using a traditional method.
- Try cooking some local dishes.
- Make a traditional decorative paper pendant (‘Puang mahod’) and coconut soap.
- Ride a bicycle through the coconut orchard and explore the life of Takiantia locals.
- Enjoy the community’s unique delicacies.
Price 1,100 Baht/Person
(minimum 10 persons, excluding accommodation and transportation)
|Late morning||Visit “Suan Pa Saroch Ka Waew”. Learn about Amazing coconut.|
|Try some coconut coffee accompanied by traditional desserts.|
|Learn how to make cold-pressed coconut oil using a traditional method.|
|Noon||Take part in a traditional cooking competition followed by lunch.|
|Afternoon||Receive a warm welcome and visit Baan Roi Sao.|
|Try your own hand at traditional crafts, such as making ‘Puang mahod’, a decorative paper pendant, as well as floral-printed bags and coconut soap.|
|Take a well-earned break with a herbal drink and Thai dessert.|
|Late morning||Visit Fahsai Aiko farm and hear about their history.|
|Follow a bike/walking route as you explore the traditional way of life in Takiantia.|
|Shop for some local products.|
|Return to Bangkok.|
Food at the community
- Coconut shell and chicken soup
- Spicy stir-fried soft coconut shell with shrimp
- Steamed egg
Products/souvenirs at the community
Cold-pressed coconut juice, Cold-pressed coconut oil soap, Tie-dye shirts
Mrs. Wandee Prakobtham
Tel. : 09-8412-1712
Getting to the Community
Address : 33 Moo 3, Tambon Takhian Tia, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chon Buri 20150
Facebook : ชมรมส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยวโดยชุมชนตำบลตะเคียนเตี้ย
The community is 120 kilometers from Bangkok, 1 hour and 30 minutes travel time.